Do you feel like locking yourself in the toilet to get some space from family, work, and life?
We’ve all been there. In this article, I’m going to share with you a secret for tired busy women.
One of the greatest life hacks that I have discovered is what’s commonly known as “legs up the wall” yoga pose (Viparita Karani). As far as recuperation goes, this posture does so much for women.. If time is of the essence, this is the number one thing I recommend for tired, busy women!
This is the ultimate R&R. Not only will it give you a sense of spaciousness, clarity, and rest, it also does the following:
- Helps bring your pelvic organs, (this includes your uterus and bladder) back into position.
- Takes the load off the pelvic floor and helps with the realignment of your pelvic muscles, ligaments and more
- Gives your lower back a break and helps to release compression
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Relieves tired legs and the lymph collection in the feet
- Stretches out the hamstrings, the front torso, and back of the neck
- Helps improve posture
- Calms the nervous system
- Fosters the energy of feeling supported as a valued and worthy contributor to society This is one of the key energies that is held in the base chakra and the pelvic floor.
So what are you waiting for?
Note: If you feel discomfort in your back, you can start by lying with you knees bent and lower legs up on the couch… or try my yoga video to help improve your posture
The best way to make this happen is to choose a time that would work best, ideally a time that will break up your day. Here are some examples;
- Around 9.30am after school drop-off
- Late morning if you have little ones who have a morning nap
- Before school pick-up (this is my favourite time)
- After school or work, before the evening rush hour
- Before bed
Choose a time and make it part of your daily routine! If you have pelvic floor issues check out our 7 Day Activation Program.